Friday, June 6, 2014

COST OF A CLASS B LICENSE
Okay, spoke with Erika at Dootson Driving School in Monrovia.  She explained that to earn a Class B driving license I will need to pass a written test and a driving test.  I can study the materials at home, but I will need to be trained by their drivers in their lot.  She said that Dootson offers a Pay Per Day program where you pay $48 for 30 minutes or $96 for 1 hour.  Sounds steep for talking while sitting in the cab of a truck. 

She mentioned that the average cost of the course for a Class B License is $700 and it takes about 3 weeks to complete.  A Class B with a P authorization allows me to drive vehicles that transport large numbers of people.  And the study materials cost $20, a price that also includes enrollment.  That last part doesn't sound right, for it makes the cost sound too low.  Enrollment may be a lot more, but the materials themselves cost only $20.  I'll check back with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment